PDA

View Full Version : X-Post with Lounge - Looking for a new car - needs to hold 3 carseats

mominma
09-15-2005, 11:11 AM
We need to replace my husband's car. He is a little devasted to give up his beloved Mustang! Anyway, we bought a new minivan in the Fall and really were not planning to buy another new car so cost is definitely a factor, but we need a car that can hold 3 kids in carseats and handles the road well in the New England Winters!

Car needs to be able to hold a RF Roundabout, a Marathon and a Graco Turbobooster.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Melissa
DS 9/00
DD 3/03
It's a GIRL 8/30/05

Joolsplus2
09-15-2005, 02:20 PM
I'll be trying to get three across in my Ford Escape... let me push up my trials a little for you and see if that works? Unless your dh is totally anti-Escape, lol (it's my dh's...it has the cool factor because it's a Hybrid, so he doesn't mind owning it...it has front wheel drive, isn't that supposed to be pretty good in snow? Better than a Mustang, I bet! lol)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

jujucb
09-15-2005, 03:58 PM
I have three in seats and live through Canadian winters ;)

I can get their seats in quite a few vehicles. I have 2 RAs, 1 MA, 1 Graco TB and one Evenflo Express (used both with the harness and as a booster). My fave vehicles so far are Dh's 2005 Taurus, il's 2000 Camry and my parents 2002 Chevy Impala. My parents car is my fave because it has the roomiest back seat, three full sets of LATCH, great rear leg room, rear doors that open wide, great trunk space, good on gas (base engine), handles winter driving well and has a good safety rating. The Taurus is next in size and great trunk. But has much less width across the back seat, not multiple LATCH seat friendly, handles okay - not great - in the winter and is horrible on gas (base engine). The ils car has the least room, but good handling and is okay on gas (6cyl engine). They say they're getting an Avalon next, looks better than the Impala on paper anyway.

I really want to try the new Mazda5 6 seater. Would like to replace my beast of van lol!