PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Snugride everyone's favorite? Do I need a new seat?

allyob
09-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Hi...it seems everyone here tends to vote the Graco Snugride as the carseat favorite and I am just curious to know what is special about it. I thought it was really heavy! I have a 3 year old Peg Pliko travel system and was going to just use that with baby #2 on the way, but I feel a little guilty using an old seat. I called Peg Perego and they said the seat is absolutely fine. It would be easier since I already have the stroller it snaps into, but I also have an adaptor bar that lets you attach any seat to it, so I am wondering if I should buy a new Snugride. Any thoughts?

elliput
09-19-2005, 03:44 PM
If you are happy with the seat you have, and it is in good shape, then stick with it. Babies are in the infant seats for such a short period of time that unless it has really seen excessive use, it is probably perfectly fine.

FWIW, I don't have either the Snugride or the Primo Viaggio seat.

Joolsplus2
09-19-2005, 03:55 PM
If you like the one you have, find it's easy to install properly and easy to adjust, then it's fine to keep using it. No need to feel guilty at all!
Why do we like the Snugride so much? The new ones are bigger...to 22 pounds and 29 inches...the harness is super-easy to adjust.. the handle can be left up when the car is in motion...and it's fairly easy to install.

Actually? I like the Chicco Key Fit better now than the Snugride...the base is much, much easier to install! But, it's just barely out in stores, and no one has one yet to be raving about it, lol.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx