PDA

View Full Version : Little Liv HATES her snugride,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Lovingliv
09-23-2005, 01:06 PM
My DD is just 5 months old,,,and she is miserable in her carseat most of the time. DH says that I don't play with her enough once she is in the seat,,and that she just needs time to settle down. I have noticed that the many BBB mommies have been posting that their DC don't like the SR either,,,,,,,,I didn't think it was possible. Is the seat really uncomfy?
She really fight going into it.....any thoughts?
She does have a brand new MA waiting for her, but she is only 13 pounds and 25 inches.

Joolsplus2
09-23-2005, 02:49 PM
LOL (well, not really, I know how hard it is to have a car-screamer!)...join the club! I'm beginning to think there's a spike in that seat somewhere that makes babies cry :P
She's plenty big for the Marathon, though, so any time you are ready to move her, that's fine.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Tondi G
09-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Another fellow mommy to a car screamer!!!! My first screamed in the car till he was forward facing but still wasn't happy on longer rides till we got a portable DVD player for the car!!! This little guy is happier for a little while but then he hates it too and starts to cry. It is tough! We have a kick and play piano strapped to the seat back and a fun mirror thing shaped like a fish.... toys hanging from the handle.... it doesn't matter! I am praying that when he gets moved to his RA or one of his brothers MA's that he will be happier (maybe being more upright and higher so he can see out the window... we'll see).

I would say go ahead and move her to the MA.... she is big enough now. There is no guarantee that she will be happier but it's worth a try!

Good Luck

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

Lovingliv
09-23-2005, 03:13 PM
I searched and searched for the spike and can't find it!!!
There is something a little sad about pitching the SR....my lil one is growing up!

Rachels
09-24-2005, 04:29 AM
I remember that feeling. I moved my baby at five months because she was so miserable in her infant seat, and she was a tiny peanut, too. The sadness was soon mitigated, though, because she was MUCH happier in the RA. Like Tondi, I found that she just never did very well in the car until she was FF, but things certainly got a whole lot more bearable once she was in her RA.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
New baby coming in October!
(Holy smokes, it's a boy!!!)

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

MMEand1
09-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Some kids, I think, just don't like the baby bucket. My DS never minded it, but outgrew it at only 4 or so months. When we had my DD, we got one of the one with the "Gracopedic foam" thinking she would be more comfortable, but she just HATED that seat. We moved her into a Britax Boulevard and have not had any problems since. My DS is in a Wizard and since he has been in other seats without headwings, I was a little concerned that he would have problems, but we played up the whole neat "big boy" seat that he was so excited to get it installed and ride in it. He is pretty easy to please. My DD has never had a problem with convertible, so I'm thinking that she just really did not like the bucket. I would say try the MA and see how she does. It may be that she just wants to be more upright. Hope you can figure out what makes her happier!
Mariah P.

Momof3Labs
10-01-2005, 08:09 AM
I moved DS out of the bucket at 3.5 months even though he was still within the limits. He was sooooo much happier in the Roundabout - I wish that I had done it from day one (and will with #2 if needed)!!

DebbieJ
10-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Move her to the Marathon.

My ds hated his infant seat too. Moved him to the Marathon at 3 months. We've had (mostly) happy car rides ever since.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfed for 20 months and 6 days

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

emilys_mom
10-02-2005, 12:24 AM
So it might be the SEAT???? Oh man-- my DD makes us miserable in the car. She's in a Snug Ride, too. I thought it was because she was backward, and when she cries no one comes...she just hears us tease her by talking to her when she can't see us. Mirrors, toys, we've tried it all. I swear if it's just the seat, I'll go out and buy a new one tomorrow!!

BTW-- loved the spike comment-- I'd laugh if I weren't so close to crying half the time.

kimbe
10-02-2005, 07:29 AM
DD doesn't like her SR very much either. I walk with the neighbors everyday and I started putting her in the stroller without the seat because she would cry for ONE MILE until she gave up and would fall asleep. We just ordered a BV for her to see if that helps!

I told DH about the spike in the seat and he said "Oh..so that's what it is!" :)