PDA

View Full Version : difference in evenflo triumph carseats

karolyp
09-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Hi all,

I have decided on the evenflo triumph car seat. However, I'm a little confused...Walmart sells 3 different models:
Evenflo Triumph 5-Point Convertible Car Seat, Grey Crescendo
Evenflo Triumph Comfort Touch Convertible Car Seat, Playwrite Ash
and the Evenflo Triumph DLX Convertible Car Seat, Fairview Suede

Now I know that the Triumph DLX has extra padding, but what's the difference between the first 2....just color?

TIA

Joolsplus2
09-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah, pretty much...boring shades of brown and grey or boring shades of grey and brown (just kidding! I'm probably wrong anyway, it's been awhile since I saw their full fashion lineup ;) ).
They're the same seat. :)...so is the Orion, but it doesn't have the memory harness.
A caveat to keep in mind with this seat is that the two bottom harness slot heights are way far apart, and keeping the straps "at or below" the shoulders, as recommended generally, is impossible. Evenflo allows you to move the harness up a notch as long as it is not more than about half an inch above the shoulders, because they otherwise slide right off the shoulders, no matter how contientiously you fiddle with the straps to keep them placed properly. Also, the rearfacing height and weight limit are very low on this seat, so you won't be able to optimally protect your little one as long as you could in other seats... but as long as you are aware of that, you know what you're getting into.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx