PDA

View Full Version : 2nd carseat advice

KBecks
09-23-2005, 05:39 PM
I have a marathon in my car that is pretty tight (using seatbelts, because my stubborn engineer husband doesn't belive my car has latch).

Our other car seat is a graco and DS's grandparents just can't get the thing installed rearfacing. They had it forward facing and extremely loose when I saw it this afternoon. DS is not ready for FF yet.

The extra carseat flips between DH's car and GP's car. I need to get this 2nd seat RF and tight to feel OK.

I'm almost feeling that the easiest answer is to get a third seat, then have a tech install each seat so that they are all RF and tight, and ask GP to leave the car seat in their back seat all the time.

Otherwise, no rides from GPs, ever.

Or, is it possible that a Britax is much easier to get tight? DH complains that our marathon is too huge, so I could get a RA, but if the seat is loose, it's no good.

Thanks,

Joolsplus2
09-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Almost anything is easier to install RF than a ComfortSport...sigh...
But yeah, a Roundabout is almost universally accepted to be the easiest to install RF (even without LATCH, the belt lockoffs are easier to use than the Marathon...)... I'm sure your dh could do it, if you can't find a tech to show you how, too :). The Cosco Scenera is also pretty easy to install, and only $40, so you might try that first (leave all the tags on it so you can return it to walmart if you hate it or it doesn't fit....)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx