PDA

View Full Version : Travel ? - Buy new seat or buy GoGo Kidz2 and bring Wizard?

HallsofVA
09-23-2005, 07:28 PM
We're taking a cruise in December when DS will be 22 months old. He's currently 25 lbs and we have Wizards in both vehicles. I had originally planned on buying a lightweight seat to take with us on the plane, but I haven't been able to decide on one. Now I see the discussions about the GoGo Kidz thingy and have been wondering whether I should just skip the 3rd seat, buy one of those instead, and just haul the Wizard around. I'm still concerned that the Wizard is such a wide seat, that I may be squeezed between it and DH (since I get stuck in the middle on these trips), but I was wondering what any of you think I should do.

If you think I should get a new seat, any recommendations? Since he's not 30 lbs (and probably won't be by the trip), it would have to be one of the toddler booster seats instead of just a belt positioning booster.

If you think I should bring the Wizard, can someone speak to whether it fits well in a plane seat, or whether we'd be really croweded?

Thanks in advance!

Joolsplus2
09-23-2005, 07:47 PM
Hmmmm... I bet the wizard will take up a lot of cabin space :D... no no, I'm sure it won't be THAT huge. It fits great on a plane, and might make a more comfy armrest than the plane's armrest for you. What stroller were you planning to bring? The Wizard fits in even a small maclaren (just loop the versa tether over the handles to keep it tight on there)...obviously not for a full day out, but for getting through airports and stuff, it's really not so bad.

I'm sure someone else has some BTDT experience to share :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

HallsofVA
09-23-2005, 08:19 PM
We have a Combi Ultra Savvy that's our main stroller. We'll probably be bringing it with us on the cruise (unless there's a reasonably priced lightweight stroller that we should consider getting.)