PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Granite cover - is this what it really looks like?

darby24
09-23-2005, 07:47 PM
Amazon is the only place I can find big pictures of the seat and now it looks incredibly dark.

We have Stormy, so is it close to it at all?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29479.jpg

Any help would be great, thanks.

Joolsplus2
09-23-2005, 07:51 PM
I'd say it's more light gray than charcoal gray, but that picture looks pretty accurate. I don't think it would clash with stormy, if you have a gray car interior (it's not so hot in brown, IMO..). It's slightly plusher than the Stormy, but it has a nice nubby texture..very soft, just textured, if that makes sense. There's also granite Parkways you can search for for pictures :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

hipmaman
09-23-2005, 09:27 PM
That is darker than irl though. But I was so surprised at how soft it was. It didn't have the 'flat' feeling of the other plush covers like Stormy, Ashley Floral, etc. It is almost like the soft, velvety, terry cloth (because of the nubs/loops in the material, but not because of the coarseness). I can't explain :)

darby24
09-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Thanks Julie and Tam. Sounds like granite is a safe choice.

I've been elected carseat researcher yet again and while I used to have the info down pat, now there is new choices. I've begun looking at the Decathlon tonight. Comments at all?

And of course, the *all* important question; is the Tribecca Decathlon soft?

Would you compare it to say, tan Microdot or the Cow fabric at all?

hipmaman
09-23-2005, 10:35 PM
No clue about the Tribecca as I have not seen it irl. But just have to chime in to say that I love that pattern. Sure, it's busy and it resemble a woman's shirt, lol (as someone on another board said once, lol), but I think it is quite hip!!!

I would love to see it irl. Maybe Julie can tell us.

darby24
09-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Has anyone seen this fabric irl?

Thanks in advance!

Joolsplus2
09-26-2005, 07:21 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but my betting money goes on it being velour (I'm SO helpful, aren't I? lol... I bet Britax could tell you 1-888-4BRITAX)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

darby24
09-26-2005, 11:54 PM
It looks soft, I guess I just needed another opinion.

Thanks again.

o_mom
09-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Just talked to Britax. They said that all the Decathlon fabrics are the same composition/feel, so the Tribecca should feel just like Odyssey which you can see at BRU. I didn't specifically ask about Onyx which I know has received complaints on other seats.

Managed to also slip in a complaint about no Cotton/Denim covers. ;-)

o_mom
10-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Just updating this for the record. I received my Tribecca Decathlon today (YEAH!) and the fabric is very soft - I can't compare to Cow, etc. since our RA is denim, but it is a very soft fabric. I would almost compare it to a microsuede.

Also, the main color is a very dark, chocolate brown. On many website pics it looks black, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but with a tan interior, I wasn't going with any of the other choices. :-)

darby24
10-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks a bunch. You've been very helpful :-)