PDA

View Full Version : Convertible carseat with easily adjusted shoulder straps (to fit 2 kids?)

mattysmom
09-25-2005, 09:15 AM
And what 2 more seats should we buy?

Is there a carseat that can be easily used to fit 2 different sized kids? We currently have a Roundabout in each of my mother and FIL's cars for DS#1 (who's 2 1/2) but soon DS#2 (almost 6 months) will be out of his snugride. We'll probably wait and keep the Roundabouts frontfacing and not put the baby in until he's over 1.

But, it seems too difficult for my mom/FIL to adjust the shoulder straps each time they want to put in a different kid. Is there a seat that would be easier to adjust? DS and I both have a marathon in our car and I tedn to think we should just buy 2 more marathons (or a marathon and a RA), but he thinks we should take the RA from our parents' cars and buy them less expensive seats (they are in the middle seat).

I've also recently learned about the Recaro seat - might this be a better option for their cars (and put the RA in our cars)? Please help! I'd like to make a decision today as the 15% sale ends today at Babycenter...

Joolsplus2
09-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Wizard, Boulevard, Recaro Young Sport (possibly...i'm not actually SURE if it can be switched without uninstalling), and Alpha Omega Elite can be changed without uninstalling. The major problem with the Alpha Omege Elite is that the topmost harness position is NOT SAFE for harnessed use, and I'd worry constantly that your older kiddo will get taller and grandma will put the headrest up into that dangerous slot by accident....So... Wizard or Boulevard (spendy, but you WILL be able to use it for a full 6 years with the baby, at least..... and it's cheaper than the new Safeguard seat which has this feature! www.safeguard.com)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mattysmom
09-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Thanks for your reply, Julie. I told my DH that I was hoping that if I posted, maybe you'd respond!

So, wizard and boulevard sound like my best options for now... but my only concern is that I've read that they are quite tall and can obstruct the view if they're in the middle-seat (which they will be). And is the wizard just about as good (since this seat isn't going to be used all that often - just for little trips to the playground, picking up from school, etc).

Thanks so much!

o_mom
09-26-2005, 12:36 PM
The safeguard website is www.safeguardseat.com

Joolsplus2
09-26-2005, 12:37 PM
I don't think they are toooooo obstructive... only a few vertically challenged people seem to have problems when they are RF, for some reason....
It's kind of one of those things....kids keep getting taller and sitting in the back seat, you just get used to seeing seas and heads in your rearview mirror earlier rather than later :)

Oh, it turns out the young sport has to be uninstalled to change the height... bummer...
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx