PDA

View Full Version : When to move straps to the next highest slots in a Marathon?

HIU8
09-26-2005, 07:11 AM
DS is 10 months old and has been at the lowest slots since DH and installed the marathon--when he was 2.5 months old. The straps are now way below his shoulders, but his shoulders are about 3/4 the way between the first and second set of slots. When do we move the straps to the next highest slots?

Also, we have a Marathon manufactured in 2004 in DH car and another one with a 2005 manufacture date in my car. The newer one seems more padded and the slots are a bit higher up for him. Is he just sitting differently in the newer seat or was there anything different between the seats made in 2004 and 2005?

Thanks,

Heather
DS 11/27/04

Joolsplus2
09-26-2005, 07:34 AM
If the slots are way down low behind his back, it should be ok to move them up... you can see in the link in my sig my dd was using the slots just above her shoulders (in the bottom picture) because it was such a pain (annoying and hurt her) to keep them in the lower slots.
No, no difference in 2004/5 models... are the covers different? Some are thicker....and slots looking higher can be VERY dependent on recline angle... my dd was over the top slots in my reclined minivan, but half an inch under them in our upright suv!

ps... your 2004 MA? Was it made after or before 7/23/04? If made before 7/23 it was recalled and needs a new harness adjuster strap. If after you are a-ok.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

HIU8
09-26-2005, 07:36 PM
The covers are different. The 2004 is colonial blue. The 2005 is funky denim. I bet the reclines are slightly different. That would explain it.

DH is checking on the manufacture date of the 2004. Thanks.

Heather
DS 11/27/04

HIU8
09-29-2005, 06:58 AM
I think DS and I are lame this week. Where is the manufacture date on a 2004 Marathon? We looked without uninstalling the seat and cannot find it (I know I have seen it on the seat).

Thanks,

Heather

Joolsplus2
09-29-2005, 07:35 AM
It's either on the shell under the cover at the front of the seat...kind of next to the adjuster.. OR it's on the outside of the shell up by the head, under the elastic of the cover...

At leat those are the most common places (a tech friend of mine related that she couldn't find one the other day, either...and found only a bright green sticker down in the inside of the seat under the bum and comfort foam... we still haven't figured that out, but It MIGHT be the case with yours?)

good luck.....
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

kellyotn
09-29-2005, 07:52 AM
If you kept the box, its on it too. :-)