PDA

View Full Version : GREAT install of Britax in my new Altima...just one question

LisaD_MomtoEmily
09-26-2005, 11:47 AM
WOW, forward-facing is SO MUCH EASIER to do than RF! I used the belts instead of the LATCH because I wanted my daughter centerboard, and the Nissan book said no LATCH centerboard...

My question is, what do I do with the tons of shoulder harness slack coming out of the back seat? I had pulled all of it out before installing the seat. Should I just shove it back into the hole in the seat back? It doesn't seem to affect the installation or anything. This seems like a silly question, but thought I'd ask anyway. Also what do I do with all of the tether slack? Just shove it out of the way? I am sure if I don't Emily will want to play with it.

Thanks for all of the great advice over the last 15 months.

Lisa D.
SAHM to Emily Rose born 6/22/04

Joolsplus2
09-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Ok...I've been trying to imagine how you could have extra shoulderbelt all over the place, so I took a minute to get back to you :).
Um...it really should have naturally retracted itself back into the hole at the top of the seat... so yeah, give it a tug and a wiggle and a push and it should reel back in (for future reference, it might be easier to install if you don't pull it all they way out first, but rather just feed it out as you need it, so you have less belt to get twisted and whatever...but that's just fyi, it doesn't really matter :) ). You can roll your top tether slack up and rubber band it and stick it back in the little pocket... boy, they sure give you ample tether length, don't they? It's great in minivans, lol.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx