PDA

View Full Version : Harness over 40 pounds

Kris0810
09-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi, I am new here. I have a 3 yr old, 39 lbs 40 in. long. Right now he is in a Britax Advantage, I am waiting for the Regent to come out. (I like the colors better than the Husky) My question is I am going to purchase a Regent for myself, but need two more booster seats for grandparents. I do not want to make them each spend $239.00 on carseats, but do not feel he is old enough for a lap belt booster. All boosters only have harness up to 40 lbs. Is lap belt really safe? Anyone know any carseats with bigger weight limit for harness?? Please help!!

Aunt to sweet baby boy
09-28-2005, 12:17 AM
As far as i know the only seats out that harness past 40 lbs are britax. There are some nice looking seats in the works, but we do not know when they are going to come out. The only thing that i can think of is to get one of the travel vests, however i think they are very hard to use.

Also i do not think a lap belt is reccomended. Even if your ds is not in a 5 pt harness he should be in a hbpb. He needs at least a lap/shoulder belt to use a bpb.

Ilana and her dn avi rf in a MA and DC at 11 months weighing in at 26 lbs