PDA

View Full Version : Britax Car Seats in a Jeep Liberty???

SarahL
09-28-2005, 10:49 AM
My husband and I are expecting our first child in February '06. I am wondering if anyone has had any success or problems fitting the Britax Companion infant seat or the Britax Boulevard convertible seat in a Jeep Liberty. We really love the Britax car seats, but they won't do us much good if they don't fit into our vehicle!!

SarahK
09-28-2005, 11:05 AM
We have a Jeep Liberty and have had no problems with a Graco Snugride, a Britax Roundabout (front and rear-facing) and a Britax Marathon (front-facing). All of these seats have been in the center position--and rear-facing they did require a pool noodle to get the base level. Oh, and keep in mind the Jeep Liberty (at least our year) does NOT have LATCH in the center (only in the two outboard positions.) We use the seatbelt to get a tight installation and the techs have always liked our install.

Joolsplus2
09-28-2005, 11:36 AM
There's a lot of new seats coming out, so if you don't have your Companion yet, hang on for reviews of the new ones. I have a Companion (I'm due in February, too!) and I probably won't use it...it's ok, it's safe, but it's awfully bulky and hard to get in and out of the base :P.

I'll probably end up with a Chicco Key Fit or Combi Connection, or there's rumours of a new Graco that might come out in time (that goes to 30 pounds...I wonder how huge that's gonna be? I'm interested, anyway! LOL).

And I'm nodding with agreement on the report of the Liberty...no LATCH in the center, probably an easy install for most seats :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx