PDA

View Full Version : Used Britax Husky or Graco TurboBooster?

jhmom
09-28-2005, 04:16 PM
What would you do?? DS is 41 inches and will be 4 at the end of December. He has outgrown his carseat at Nana and Grandpa's house. They take him in the car very infrequently so it is rarely used, but we like to keep a carseat there for when they need it.
He is in a Husky in our regular car which I ADORE! I can either buy a used Husky (manuf. July 2002) for a great price, or a new Graco Turbo Booster for the same price. My problem is that he will need to be in a carseat until he is 8, right?? This puts the Husky past the 6 year "expiration" date since my son is not yet 4. Would you still use it past the 6 year mark especially since it would be used so infrequently- I love the idea of keeping him in the 5 point harness as long as I can. What do you think? I hope that wasn't too confusing. Kerri

Joolsplus2
09-28-2005, 04:26 PM
How much for the Husky? You TRUST it's had a clean history? (no crashes, recalls fixed--not to freak you, but there was a sticker that had to be added to some older huskies about some installation stuff...absolutly NOT a sign the seat is unsafe!).
I'd probably go for the Husky, if it were me. You can just use it till it expires, then you'll be SURE he's older and ready for a booster... but he's just SO young now for a booster, I really wouldn't put him in one if you don't have to (and if you do, the Parkway is a lot easier for grandparents to use properly than the Turbo, and lasts bigger kids longer than the Turbo, so in the long run it's worth the extra money, IMO)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx