PDA

View Full Version : universal LATCH for Snug Ride??

krtsinohio
09-29-2005, 04:33 PM
We used a Graco Snug Ride with our 3/12 year old when he was an infant, it did not come LATCH equipped since we bought it before it was required. We are expecting baby #2 in 4 weeks and now have a vehicle with LATCH fittings (Dodge Grand Caravan). In doing research I found that Graco does offer a LATCH adapter called the Universal LATCH that presumably would work with the base we currently have. Has anyone used this? Is it recommended? I would really prefer using the LATCH if possible since using the seat belt means that the 3rd row of seats in the van is quite difficult to access, but if it is not recommended of course I won't. Any information, anyone?? Thanks!!

Kelly

Joolsplus2
09-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Only SOME of the older Graco bases accept the Graco LATCH strap..you should cross-check your seat model number to see if yours does, and check www.gracobaby.com to see if there's a FAQ on that.
Also, maybe you can find a new base with LATCH for about the same price as just the LATCH strap, so do a www.froogle.com search to make sure (all graco seats fit all graco bases, so you're fine if you get a whole new base if it's a comparable price to the strap).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

bensmom
09-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Also, double check the manufacture date on your current Snugride. I could be wrong, but I thought that most seats that did not originally come with LATCH are nearing their expiration date at this point. It's likely that your ok, but it's worth checking before spending more money on your current seat.

ETA: I am wrong. I was thinking of top tethers (which aren't on infant seats), not the lower anchors/LATCH strap. You should be fine. Sorry... I should have gone to sleep already!

Ilana

CPS Tech and mom