PDA

View Full Version : Britax Boulevard vs Marathon

mamatoB
10-02-2005, 09:41 AM
I am looking at the Britax Boulevard and the Marathon. The Boulevard promotes that the seat wings will protect against side impact accidents. I am wondering if the Boulevard is hyping this capability to concerned parents. Does the Boulevard provide a substantial increase in protection for my child over the Marathon?

Joolsplus2
10-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Side impacts are a huge killer to kids in 5-pt seats, because the gov't requires no testing, has no Side Impact standards. Of course "huge killer" is still very, very rare, statistically, and all properly installed seats are very safe, statistically.
It kind of depends on how worried you are about side impacts... I think it's 'icing on the cake' that will make your kids minutely safer, yes. Did I buy one? No... the Ashley Floral cover on my Maratahon was too darn cute! Of course, I drive a big, safe, minivan. In a much older/smaller car, I'd have bought the BV, without question.
For my kids now, who are much older, they absolutely DO ride in boosters with side impact protection...the Parkway or the Recaro seats have been tested to a side impact standard that no other seats have.

:)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mamatoB
10-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Thanks Julie! I really appreciate your expert advice.
MamatoB

mamatoB
10-04-2005, 08:53 AM
Have you heard of any problems with the Boulevard? I know some products may have glitches with the first run of a new product.
MamatoB

Joolsplus2
10-04-2005, 09:04 AM
So far, nope. It's really the same seat as the Marathon/Wizard, but with the wider headwings...so they have the little bugs all ironed out of it :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

wookiemouse
10-04-2005, 05:02 PM
I will let you know - I will be receiving my Boulevard sometime this week.

I chose safety over styling. The Onyx (black and grey) was neutral enough for my truck, and as long as the pattern wasn't hideous, it wasn't a big concern to me. I have an extremely safe vehicle, but if I can afford to buy a carseat with maybe more bells/whistles than I need in the interest of safety, I will do so...I don't have side-impact airbags, so I liked the wings.

It will also give Jax something to rest his head on, he tends to sleep in the carseat a LOT.

Stacy