PDA

View Full Version : Snugride2's & Bases

webbride
10-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Does anyone know if the Snugride2's fit the original Snugride bases? Is the Snugride2 longer, due to the new height limit? And if it is, does that affect the car seat base?

Or, for once is a company smart enough to make an updated product that will fit it's older models? I don't trust the teenage worker I asked at BBRU if there's a difference...

Also, if anyone has the Snugride2 in Clover--is the base LATCH compatible? BBRU web site has such limited information and I can't seem to find the Clover being sold anywhere else.

Thanks in advance!

Joolsplus2
10-02-2005, 03:27 PM
They just molded a little more plastic onto the top of the head/back of the seat, and made the handle long enough to reach around it :)
Yes, the bigger seats fit on the older bases, the bases are the same...though it's been technically advised that you not use that combination once the baby is over 20 pounds...still, the FAQ on the webpage says "all seats are good with all bases", so I dont' think I'd sweat it..
All the bases are definitely LATCH-equipped... I guess it's been a law for over three years so no one bothers mentioning it anymore? Webmasters (like BRU employees...sigh...) aren't known for their diligent reporting of all relevant facts :P....and for some reason the Graco site is often the last to update itself with new products!

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx