PDA

View Full Version : Need Britax Suggestion....

icunurse
10-06-2005, 11:47 AM
We're looking to buy DS a new carseat and save the Roundabout for when a second child shows up. DS is currently 32 inches and about 25 lbs. I wouldn't mind having something with the side impact protection, as a new baby would be going in the center of the back seat and DS will be going on the side (anyone know which side is safer for him - driver or passenger?). I'm looking at the Wizard, but have heard some complaints about it. Or maybe a Marathon. Or...I don't know! :) Any help is appreciated and other carseat recommendations will be considered, too. Just want my little guy as safe as possible...
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting for #2!

bensmom
10-06-2005, 12:04 PM
You might want to do a search for some threads on the Boulevard - there's been a few discussions about it the past couple of months. It's essentially the Wizard, with wider wings - I've seen almost all positive reviews on it.

My DS currently is *slightly* bigger than yours (about 34 inches and 28 pounds, a month older) and I'm debating between the Marathon and the Boulevard (he's also currently in a Roundabout, which will go to baby #2). I don't think you can go wrong with either.

As for which side is safer, I think the stats are pretty similar, so I'd probably go for which is easier. Is DS still RF? I find RF seats easier behind the passenger. Do you street park often (I live in the city), if so, again passenger may be easier because then you can "load" from the curb.

I'm guessing that in my case, DS might be turned FF before baby (not due until the end of March), in which case, I likely will leave him in the center and put the baby outboard.

Sorry I don't have first hand experience with either seat, so hopefully others will chime in with suggestions!

Ilana

CPS Tech and mom

Aunt to sweet baby boy
10-06-2005, 12:05 PM
The MA would be a great seat as would the Wizard. I think some dc do not like the WZ so if you would be able to try ds in the seat before buying it you would know either way. My hesitation with buying a WZ now is that they are discontinued so you would be getting one that had an older manufacturing date which i would not want.

Is your ds ff? If yes you could look into the Recaro seat with the 5 pt harness. It only harness' to 40 lbs but your ds only weighs 25 so that would be ok with him.

You could also get ds a combo booster by graco or evenflo.

Whats your price range?

Sorry if i put more options into the pool!

juliasmom05
10-06-2005, 01:43 PM
We have the Boulevard, which is essentially the Wizard but with the wider wings, and DD loves it. It is a fantastic seat. This is the only convertible seat we have used so I can't directly compare it to other seats. So my opinion is probably a little biased. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Britax convertibles. We went with the BV because of the extra side impact protection due to the wings. The straps are also easy to adjust with just a turn of a knob instead of having to rethread. I figured if we were already spending a lot of money on the seat, it might as well be the best.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/12/05