PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the new Safeguard seat?

searchdog
10-07-2005, 03:26 PM
I just wondered what people think about the new very expensive safeguard seat. It is worth the money? It doesn't look fantastic to me, but maybe I am missing something.

uccomama
10-07-2005, 09:08 PM
I have one on order for my 5.5 year old. I am hoping it will be shipped sometime next week, evidently, the manufacturer, IMMI, has been overwhelmed by the response. I have just had to take him out of the harness of his Recaro Young Sport because he over 40 lbs now and I don't have a harnessed seat for him. He is 46" tall and I am banking on the SafeGuard keeping him harnessed for the next couple of years. His height is in his legs, so the 18" harness should last him longer than the Britax Blvd he was in before he refused to ride in it (which prompted the switch to the Young Sport, even though he was 39 lbs). The Husky/Regent isn't an option because, firstly, he hated the two weeks he rode in his sister's Husky, he was used to a seat with headwings and I think he felt exposed or unsafe; secondly, I couldn't get a great install in my Volvo and thridly, it really took up too much space for my teenager to be able to ride in the back along with DD#2 in her booster.

I will be sure to post my opinion of the seat as soon as I can!

Deborah