PDA

View Full Version : How long in a Snugride

sophdog33
10-07-2005, 07:38 PM
How long, approximately, can my dd use, and be comfortable in the Snugride carseat? 4 months, more, less?
Thanks

Rachels
10-07-2005, 07:53 PM
It depends entirely on your baby. Some babies do just fine in them and it takes them the better part of the first year to hit the weight and height limits. Some babies are much bigger and outgrow them in a few months. And then there are babies like mine, who hate the infant seat and wind up being moved out by their desperate parents even though they still fit perfectly well. It's anybody's guess.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
New baby coming in October!
(Holy smokes, it's a boy!!!)

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

janeannechovy
10-07-2005, 09:53 PM
My first son grew out of his Snugride in 4 months. With the new larger seats, I looked back at his records and figured he could have been in a larger one until 9 months. He was kind of lanky so weight was never an issue, just height (~95% for height, 75% for weight).

Number 2 will probably outgrow the smaller size Snugride (tried to get a larger one; long saga I've written about in other threads) at the same time as his brother, if not sooner. We're now debating whether to get a larger one for another four-five months. Even if you don't carry the kid around in it very often (it's awkward even for the tiniest babies), it's faster for things where you just run in and out to pop out the bucket instead of messing with the harness two times. It's also useful for those times when church coincides with nap time.

JaneAnne

kimbe
10-08-2005, 08:52 AM
DD is in the 95% for height and she grew out of her seat at 3.5 months. It will depend on your DD....my nephew was in his infant seat for 7 months!

HTH

Joolsplus2
10-08-2005, 10:38 AM
New Snugrides are much bigger than old Snugrides... the old 20 pound/26 inch models usually saw kids out of them at 4-6 months, and the new 22 pound/29 inch ones should last closer to a year, maybe 7 or 8 months for an early-gaining baby (my friend had a baby who was 22 pounds at 7 months, he was enormous, but then he was 21-22 pounds for the next year or so!...early-gainers aren't all destined to be huge kids ;))

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

niccig
10-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Depends on the child, but it would be nice to be able to predict. I just moved DS out of it at 9 months. He only stayed in it this long as he has reflux and he slid down the height/weight charts from 3 months of age. He is now catching up and is packing on the weight - 1 1/2 lbs in 6 weeks!

He also had to sleep in the snugride at night until he was 6 months old. So, we got a lot of use out of it. The last few months I wasn't carrying him in it, far too heavy, but it was useful when he was a newborn and would sleep where ever we went. Oh, and despite the amount of time he was in the infant seat, DS does not have a flat head. It's perfectly round. However, I would avoid over using the infant seat if you can, just to be sure. Again, all kiddos are different.

Nicci