PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Safe Embrace - RF and chest clip??

Piglet
10-11-2005, 03:54 PM
I have the FPSE in DH's care and have the chest clip installed on it RF. I suddenly remembered yesterday that it does not recommend using the chest clip RF. This seems weird to me, since DS is not so little anymore and I do not have any trouble adjusting the harness. Is it problematic to use the chest clip? It seems more dangerous to NOT use it...

Thanks,

darby24
10-11-2005, 10:35 PM
alright this is only from memory. Please, please someone correct me if wrong.

Isn't it, when baby is in lower slots you don't use the clip. Then baby graduates to second slots (and is still below them) you still don't use the clip. However when baby grows above second slots, you NOW use the clip.

I've had to have my FPSE turned for 2 months now as my youngest nephew got too heavy to RF in it. :-(

hipmaman
10-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Going with (might be faulty ;-)) memory, but the chest clip is blue (if I remember correctly) and it should be use for when you are using the blue harness slots (which I think are ff)

The FPSE is one that was designed, tested and approved for using without the chest clip while rf. Remember to check the manual for which harness slots to use for rf and ff too. If I remember correctly, it is opposite to 'conventional' use of slots too.

Joolsplus2
10-12-2005, 07:24 AM
Invert that, and you're correct... Purple is FF, blue is RF (I wouldn't remember, but I got one at a check a couple weeks ago, lol)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mommy2maya
10-14-2005, 08:07 PM
We have one, and it says not to use the clip rearfacing as it is a strangulation hazard.