PDA

View Full Version : 3 under 3.5, what seat should I buy next?

jgsrun
10-11-2005, 07:39 PM
I've got my 38 pound, 40 inch 3.5 year old in a Marathon, my 1.5 year old in the Roundabout Advantage and will have the infant in an infant seat for the first few months. When we need a convertible seat should I move the 3.5 year old to a booster or keep him in the Marathon? If he stays in the Marathon I'll have to buy another convertible and would love to save some money by buying a booster. I think he would be big enough for a Britax booster, right? I'm pretty confused about size/age requirements and what will make sense for us. We have a minivan so size of seat is not a problem.

TIA ladies,

Julie

Joolsplus2
10-12-2005, 07:31 AM
Kids really *should* be harnessed till they are well over age 4, and longer is safer (and honestly? easier for you... buckling a booster is harder on a mama than a 5-pt harness).
Your kids are so young, if you get another Marathon, you'll be able to really use it till it expires... Keep the 3 yo harnessed longer, put the baby in the Advantage RF, put the one yo in the new Marathon, and keep going like that till the advantage expires (6 years) then put the oldest one in a booster, is what I'd do. (I'd recommend a harnessed booster, but they only go to 40 pounds, and I don't think any of them would do you much good for long enough, honestly...).
Or, if money really is tight, check out the Cosco Scenera for either of the younger kids...it's only about $50 and is a pretty nice seat for the price (though I bet you're Britax spoiled, lol). Or maybe a Graco Ultra or Platinum Cargo for the 1 yo. Or a Recaro Young Sport for th 1 yo, and then use it as a booster for the 3 yo when the 3 yo is a year older (it's a fabulous harnessed seat AND a top notch booster.. the Cargo is kind of a crummy booster...)

So many choices (and did I mention the Regent/Husky? Not a bad choice for a 3 yo... :) )

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

jgsrun
10-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Thanks so much, I'm so glad you made the decision for me! Yeah, I think I might have to get the Marathon, sigh......then they'll all match-and that's really what's important here, right? ;)