PDA

View Full Version : Marathon or Recaro

petersmom
10-12-2005, 01:09 PM
I'm in a quandry what would you suggest. I have 3 y.o DS 31 lbs, an almost 2 y.o. DD 24 lbs, and 8 month old DS 23 lbs. I currently own 2 marathons for the older 2 , but I need to get another seat for the youngest. What should I get, another marathon or get a Recaro sport? PLEASE HELP!
STephanie

Joolsplus2
10-12-2005, 04:05 PM
Since your 3 yo is so light, the Young Sport would be great for him...nice tall top slots (as tall or taller than the MA), and the 40 pound weight limit should be sufficient, or you can switch him back to a Marathon if he chunks out and hits 40 pounds before he's mature enough for a booster... it's a really nice seat, and makes a really nice booster in the long run, too.

Of course, your kids are all so young, you could probably get the full 6 year lifespan of use out of another Marathon, too....

Gee, not sure if that's helpful! :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

petersmom
10-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks Julie,
I was hoping you would answer my question, Thanks!!
I am tossing up on which one, I'll have to check on prices.
Side impact is very important, even though I have side curtain airbags ( Town & Country, Stow and Go). ( My FIL was killed this summer in a side impact crash, thank GOD my son wasn't with them as had been planned, therefore we are now even more paranoid about safety! )
If they are similar price it is not an issue,( we can give up latte's for a year- kids are worth it)
Stephanie

Joolsplus2
10-13-2005, 06:54 AM
OMG! Your FIL was killed? That's horrible!!!! :( (suddenly I don't feel bad about STILL making my kids sit in Parkways in our car that has curtain air bags... can kids ever be "too protected"? I don't think so!)
www.recarodealer.com dealer code "SHOW" is a good bargain, if you're brave (no returns...but there's always ebay, lol) and proam and poleposition have a good track record of customer service, too.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

petersmom
10-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks Julie!
I'll be buying one tonight, when everyone is in bed :)
Stephanie

Diana1975
12-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Tell us what you think of the Recaro? Do you love it?

ca mom to 2
12-01-2005, 11:55 PM
We just bought a Recaro Young Sport from www.babyage.com

They have a code with American Express through the end of the year. Code is AX15, and it brought the price down to $218 shipped which was a little better than the Recaro dealer site. Also, Baby Age has a return policy, but that won't be necessary as the seat is very nice. I did have to call to get the code to work, but this was a few weeks ago, so maybe they have it worked out.

My oldest is in a Husky, and we needed something movable on the rare occasion we leave the car in the shop or she goes for a ride with Grandma and Grandpa.

Cathy

Carly 4.5 years
Nick 16 months

Diana1975
12-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Which one did you get? They show them being either "out of stock" or "not ready to purchase"

ca mom to 2
12-03-2005, 12:17 AM
We got the charcoal Young Sport. We ordered it Nov. 14th from Baby Age, and Recaro shipped it Nov. 18th. Apparently Baby Age wasn't stocking them, but I don't remember the website saying they were out. The seat arrived the day before Thanksgiving. Maybe call and ask on Monday?

Good Luck!

Cathy

Carly 4.5 years
Nick 16 months