PDA

View Full Version : New Snugride Height/Weight Maximums

ajweeks
10-14-2005, 07:05 AM
Hi,

I was just baby shopping with a friend who is pregnant with her first child. We were looking at the carseats at BRU and all the snugride labels say 22 lbs. and 29 in., but I noticed that most of the boxes still said the old maximums. I knew from reading on this board that you should make sure the box said the new maximums. Since she was just registering, I wanted to make sure that if she scanned a snugride that she liked, that if someone bought it, they would get a seat with the higher height and weight. When I asked a BRU employee, she told me that Graco really didn't change anything about the design of the seat, they just tested it with larger dummies so that is why they now have a highter height and weight. I don't really know how this is possible because I used an older model snugride (2002) with my two kids and when they were 26 in. tall, they were definitely too tall for the seat. If graco didn't make the new snugrides taller, then how can a 29 in. baby fit in them? Maybe the BRU employee didn't really know what she was talking about. Do people notice a difference with the new snugrides?

schums
10-14-2005, 09:08 AM
The BRU employee was an idiot (aren't most of them??). The seat is bigger, to accomodate a bigger kid. I'm not sure if the old bases can be used with them -- seems to me someone posted here saying the new bases were exactly the same as the old ones. I'll leave that determination up to Jools or another tech.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

Joolsplus2
10-14-2005, 09:30 AM
The BRU employee was completely uninformed (I wish that were a RARE occurence!!! man, they really should at least try to train their people in their products... can you tell this is my pet peeve? lol).
The new SR is definitely taller (everything else is the same, but if you put them side by side, you can totally see it).
The model number for the bigger ones ends in a 2... I wonder if you can see the model number when you register, though (????).

It's really frustrating that all the old, smaller seats are still in stock, isn't it? People should just register for the Chicco so there's no confusion (oh, wait, I'm not supposed to be brand specific, but boy, it's easier to recommend a seat that is always the same size, installs tons easier, has EPS head/side impact protection foam, always has a 5 pt harness and front harness adjuster and has an anti-rebound base...you'll have to forgive me, rofl!)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

ajweeks
10-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Well, that makes sense. I knew that the seat had to be taller! The strange thing is that at our BRU, I only saw one box with the new height and weight on it (and it was for the model with pink fabric and my friend is having a boy). I also saw another box that had the old height and weight on it, but then a sticker was placed on the front of it saying "now rated for 29 in. and 22 lbs." I wonder if BRU put this sticket on the box or Graco?

Maybe I'll recommend the Chicco to my friend...