PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln town car

carryingandstrollingabout
10-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Hi. I have to take a car service--wondering if I have to take 2 car services. I've got the driver, 2 adults, a marathon, and a roundabout. Can an adult sit in the back w/ the 2 kids? Wouldn't work in my car... Do we need 2 car service cars?

Thanks!

Marisa6826
10-14-2005, 05:10 PM
You should be able to do the MA and RA side by side, leaving space for one more adult in the back seat. It will be tight, but it should work.

I have my MA in the middle and the RA behind the passenger, leaving a seat available behind the driver in my Volvo CX90.

You might be able to ask the car service if they have a minivan available to make it easier, since it takes some maneuvering to get the seatbelts clipped through the Britax seats - esp. if they're rearfacing (mine are). I also don't know how easily you will be able to top tether the seats in an unfamiliar car. Just keep that in mind.

I would also inform the carservice of your intents as far as the passenger seating situation so the driver doesn't freak out unexpectedly.

-m

jenny76
10-14-2005, 07:27 PM
My parents have a Town Car, and based upon how much space is left on either side of the RF MA that's in there, you should have room for an RA and an adult in the backseat. However, latch is in the outboard positions only, so you'd have to use a seatbelt for which ever one you put in the middle. And, just so you know, installing the MA in the middle with the seat belt was a huge pain. I don't know if the RA would be any better.

kijip
10-14-2005, 11:56 PM
It will work space wise. For a ride to the airport anyway! FWIW, when Toby's seat has been in the middle of our COROLLA we have squeezed people and seats next to it.