PDA

View Full Version : How to remove the flippin' bellypad?

mariza
10-14-2005, 09:19 PM
someone help before I cut this thing off! I am finally getting around to change the cover of my Marathon after receiving the replacement from Britax 3 weeks ago! (been using the RA since)
I can't for the life of me get the belly pad off of the buckle. I tried twisting and turning, pulling gently, yanking harshly nothing seems to work. I do not want to rip it but I'm not sure I have another option. Thanks!

Momof3Labs
10-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Remove the buckle strap, and the belly pad will come off over the end opposite the buckle. To remove the buckle strap, you have to slide the metal piece up through the shell - requires a little manipulation, but isn't too bad in the end.

Toba
10-14-2005, 10:16 PM
You know, it's funny. On our first Marathon (which now resides in DH's SUV since it's tan and our new van is grey), the belly pad was ALWAYS falling off. On our new Marathon, it doesn't look like it would EVER budge. Did they change them?

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

mariza
10-15-2005, 01:58 AM
Thanks, I was able to change the cover without ripping anything :)

KrisM
10-15-2005, 07:14 AM
That's what I was wondering. We have a Wizard and don't use teh belly pad because it kept falling off - it would end up outside the car more often than not.

Momof3Labs
10-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Yes, they did change them. They also changed the rubber things on the straps so that they don't poke baby's face!