PDA

View Full Version : Height limits on infant seats...do I need to switch now or later?

momchi
10-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Hi!

I've been scouring the posts and can't remember if I saw on here a mention about height limits on infant seats.

I've got a Graco SnugRide (old version) that has a height limit of 26". Apparently my son is now that height (6 months) but I am not yet at the top harness slot. A couple of weeks ago, I changed the harness to the top slot but found that it came slightly down across his shoulder and not curved over it, like it should, so I switched back lower. Today, he looks like he's just at the top harness height (again) but I noticed this time that his head is within the 1" of the top of the seat.

Does he need a convertible seat now, even though we've never used the top harness slot? Did anyone have this same problem? Maybe my boy's got a large head but not much torso!

Thanks

Joolsplus2
10-15-2005, 11:23 AM
This isn't uncommon...the shoulder slot's just a bit high for a lot of kids so that they never get to use that top one before their head is an inch from the top.
But if his head is almost there, yup, time to put him in a convertible, definitely.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

momchi
10-15-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks Julie. That's what I thought! If I waited to use the top slots, he's be peeping over the top of the seat!

Now...what to get! :)

Cheryl