PDA

View Full Version : Installed our RA's...have questions

ktandgt
10-17-2005, 09:27 PM
OK, we bit the bullet and sprung for the Roundabouts for our twins. We have them RF in our 2000 Honda Civic now I have some questions. They are almost 20 mos and about 23 pounds.

1. I want to get them checked out by a tech how do I find out who to do that? With the infant seats I called the police dept and they sent a tech out. Is that what I should do this time?

2. The front of the base doesn't budge which I know is good. The back of the base moves some, is this ok?

3. How important is it to use the tether for RF in the RA? They are almost 20 mos and 23 pounds. If it is important do I need to unhook the thether each time I put them in? It looks like it would be difficult to put them in without unhooking but unhooking every time would be a pain I think.

4. We have it in the recline position but by the time we tightened it and put the thether on the seat is pretty upright. Is this ok? And is this going to be comfy for them? I noticed in some of the pictures (Jools, yours for one) the kids we leaned back some.

5. On one side of the base on one of the seats I can fit my fingers underneath the base, is this ok?

Thanks!!!

Karen

Joolsplus2
10-18-2005, 07:23 AM
<high 5>...you GO girl! Give DH extra hugs for busting the budget on this :D.

You want to "Swedish" tether your seats to get the top stable and the recline good.. check out these pictures http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/isakswings/ratetherrf.html You'll take that extra little strap attached to the top tether and tie it to the very very back of the front seat track (If I'm remembering the Civic correctly...)and then clip the tether to it, tug it taut, but not ultra-tight, and voila, you're set.

Since the front of your bases aren't budging, that's what's important...sounds like the gaps you have aren't to problematic... sometimes if you reinstall the seat you get a slightly different install and might not even have the same problem twice (you can place the base a little differently or whatever).

If you want to call the same techs you had before, that's fine... www.seatcheck.org might have a different tech listed if you want to give someone else a shot...

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

ktandgt
10-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Thank you so much! I had no idea we could do the Swedish method, I was not liking the Australian method like we had it.

I will give it a try.