PDA

View Full Version : Triumph - memory harness & middle slot for FF

stefani
10-17-2005, 10:24 PM
I had bought a Triumph when DS was 4 months old (he outgrew the Snug Ride), but since we had trouble turning the dial in my Camry while in RF position, my MIL took it and I had the Titan that was originally intended for her car (Honda Civic, and then now Pontiac Vibe).

Anyway, now that DS is forward facing (at 2 years old, thanks to this board!), we swapped car seats again.

MIL & FIL & DH have always used the dial to release and retighten the harness on the Triumph. I read the manual and researched it on this board and it seems to be that that is not necessary. I had mentioned it to them, and they said that no, they need to always use the dial everytime they take DS in & out.

So, now I want to make sure that I know how to use it properly. I think once it is adjusted, supposedly I don't have to turn the knob at all, I can just "lengthen" the harness by moving the bottom shoulder harness up while pulling the top shoulder harness down to take DS out. To put him back in, I pull the bottom shoulder down until the top & bottom are even. Is that correct? (It is hard to describe it in words).

Another question: the manual mentioned that for FF the top slot must be used, but in the FAQ on Evenflo's website as well as on this board it seems that the middle slot is OK for FF, is that correct?

TIA!

Joolsplus2
10-18-2005, 07:37 AM
It IS hard to describe the "memory harness"! I did a terrible job of it 4 years ago on my Apollo, and somehow still got 100% 'helpful votes' on Amazon, rofl!
Anyway, it's actually kind of simple: lift/slide the buckle tongues (metal part) up when you undo the buckle, and it will loosen the harness. Slide them back down when you re-buckle, and it will tighten up. That's it. Just slide those metal/male buckle bits up to loosen, down to tighten. *Hopefully* it's that easy when you try it, or I feel goofy, lol.
Yeah, you can use the middle slots FF, the whole assembly is reinforced for FF use because of how it's designed (it's different on other seats, only SOME of the slots are reinforced for FF).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

stefani
10-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Hi Julie,

Once again, thank you!

You explain it succintly about how that memory harness work. I got it, but did not explain it well enough, and you did just that. Now I feel better that I can use that feature if only DS will stop turning the knobs! I also feel better that the middle slot can be used FF. I have to check whether DS's shoulder is too far up the 2nd slot or not, it just looked that the top slot is quite a bit higher than his shoulder.

You are great Julie :-)