PDA

View Full Version : Britax Wizard leans funny

SpaceGal
10-18-2005, 01:24 PM
I installed our Wizard RF in the center of my Pontiac Vibe with the lap/shouldber belt for my DS this past weekend. Since we didn't go out and it was freezing out I didn't really check the way it looked from all angles. Well it's a pretty tight installation and I tethered it to the drivers seat too. Well yesterday when I was out shopping I noticed the top side of the seat leans back on the drivers seat while the top side one the passenger side does lean ont he front as much. This is because I'm a shortie and DH usually sit in the passenger side so his seat is pushed back more. Anyways, is this kind of a "lean okay or should I be installing outboard?

Joolsplus2
10-18-2005, 01:50 PM
It's only tipping because the tether is off center, yeah? That's super-common, and not a problem at all, unless of course the baby is falling out of it. Or if there's a center shoulderbelt, that can pull it up sideways...you could just use the built in lockoffs and not pull the shoulderbelt all the way out to lock it (when it's tight, it gets tighter and tighter and pulls the seat more and more sideways...)

But my RF MA always tipped a bit... it's no big deal if it's minor, just kinda looks funny :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

SpaceGal
10-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Thank you Jools. I kind of figured that's just the way it is. I guess if I want it even I would have to push the seats all the way forward and tether it down the middle somehow. ANd have myself and hubby be super squashed in our seats while DS can sit all comfy cozy and "even".