PDA

View Full Version : 3 carseats in Subaru Forester or Outback?

shishamo
10-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to fit 3 carseats in the back of my friend's Subaru. I'm not suceeding so far: I need one convertible carseat (Britax Roundabout, I think), and two carseats for 3 year olds to fit in onw row.

Here are the list of what we have for the 2 three year olds: 1 Britax parkway, 2 Graco Turboboosters, 2 Graco Ultra Cargos, 1 Marathon and another Britax that looks like Marathon but there is no tag (Advantage?). Both 3 year olds are about 40" and 38lbs, and this is just to drive 6 blocks from the preschool to his house so that he can take my 3 year old for a playdate with his 3 year old: which is why I'm okay with the booster for my 3 year old.

Is this possible?

Joolsplus2
10-23-2005, 09:18 AM
I have a friend who got a Husky, a Marathon, and a Touriva in the back of her Subaru (she was, um, VERY determined!). How about trying the Cargo as a booster if you have to? It's narrower than the Turbos (and no armrests)..also, the Starriser Comfy is super narrow (alas, rather expensive...).
Or possibly a RideSafer Travel Vest (the small size is good for kids 35-60 pounds and about up to age 6). But the Roundabout in the middle, then maybe the Cargos outboard would be my first choice to try.
As for the Mystery Roundabout... if the headrest dials up and down, then it's an Advantage, if it doesn't, it *may* be a Freeway or Expressway. Lately the names are always on labels on the front of the cover, so if that's not there, check for date of manufacture on a sticker on the seat, make sure neither seat is pushing 6 years, as that's the expiration limit.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

shishamo
10-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Thank you! I didn't know cargos are narrower than turbos. I am tempted to buy starriser as an excuse so that I can get that cowmooflage pattern to match my RA and MA cow :-)

I will check the manufacturing date, or at least mention it to my friend.