PDA

View Full Version : Please reassure me about the RA...also lock-off clip question.

lmwbasye
10-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Let me preface by saying...I'm a HUGE worrier. LOL! Anyway, I had posted awhile back about DS hating his Wizard (we have a Marathon in our other car). Well, we got an amazing deal on a RA and decided to replace the Wizard with that so we could use it for travel too. However, I specifically got the Wizard for the extra safety features and am stressing over the RA. Will DS still be safe enough? Also, if we have another kiddo, I worry about the RA on the outboard when we put the infant safety seat in the middle since the RA doesn't have the side impact protection.

Also, on all of the Britax seats, I'm only able to lock of one side of the lock-off clips. On the other side, the belt buckle gets in the way (we don't have latch). If I adjust it so the lock off clips can lock, then the seat seems too loose. How big of a problem is this?

Thanks for all your help! All these worries and DS is just a year old. FWIW...in all of these discussions, I'm talking RF. I'm not planning on moving him FF until absolutely necessary (33 lbs.). But don't tell DH...he wanted to move him at a year but seems to have forgotten that DS is a year now and I'm not bringing it up. LOL!!

Laura :)

Liam (10/21)

westgre
10-23-2005, 07:07 AM
I didn't get the Wizard because I was afraid DD wouldn't like the wings, so she's been in a RA and Marathon since her infant seat. They're safe seats or the techs here wouldn't use them and recommend them. As far as putting an infant seat in the middle and the RA outboard, you may want to re-think this. One of the techs here recommended putting the safer seat in outboard (in this case, the infant rear facing seat) with the other seat in the middle (in this case your FF RA). That's what I'm planning on doing come March. :)
According to the Britax website, you should only use the lock-off farthest away from the buckle. So, no worries there.

kijip
10-23-2005, 09:38 AM
No worries- while the Wizard and BV have the extra SIP with the headrest, the MA and RA offer very, very good SIP. Also- you don't need to use both lockoffs on the seat. Only 1 and technically you don't need either if have a locking seatbelt.

As for seat configuration if you have a new baby in the rear facing infant seat, they are the most protected person in the car. So I would put the RA, esp. if it is forward facing by that time, in the center and the rf baby outboard...if both kids would be rf at the same time, I would not sweat it and do what is more convenient- which might be both kids outboard!

Happy birthday Liam!