PDA

View Full Version : Britax Bodyguard or Starriser Comfy

erzzie
10-24-2005, 09:51 PM
I think I'm seeing conflicting information on these booster seats. Does anyone know what the width of these seats are? I thought I'd seen 15.5", but now I'm only seeing 16"--is it adjustable? What's the minimum width?

Thanks so much!

Joolsplus2
10-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Yeah, that's a toughie, you never know what part they are measuring!... does www.carseatdata.org have measurements?
Are you needing a narrow seat or something? I might be able to help you out with seats 3-across 'meshing' well, no matter what the width.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

erzzie
10-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Yes! I need 3 seats that mesh as well as possible, one rear facing for an infant (I'd rather choose a RA, MA, DC, BV seat than a infant carrier)...plus a seat for my daughter--I just bought her a MA so that would be best. That seat will be FF. (She'll be over the weight limit for RF when we need this setup.) I also need a seat for my son, probably a booster, as I think he'll be over the limits of a MA by then and I don't think a Husky will fit. We're trying to cram this setup into either a CR-V, a Volvo S50 wagon (we could use an integrated booster for this one), or something else non-minivan/non-car that gets as close to 25mpg city as possible!

So far, the CR-V is looking pretty good with the MA in the center, RA outboard and we did fit a Graco Turbo booster next to the MA, but it was nearly impossible to get to the buckle. Plus, if my son gets any taller, the headrest was interfering with the MA.

I hope that's not horribly confusing! Thanks for any advice! Luckily, we haven't bought anything we can't return and we haven't got the car yet lol. Heck, we haven't even got baby #3 yet!

Joolsplus2
10-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Ah, riiiight, I remember now :). Definitely the Starriser is narrowest/easiest to work with, since it doesn't have those hefty side wings to contend with or the lockoffs. And you'll have side curtain airbags to make up for the lack of side impact protection.

Have you looked at the Mazda 5? I'm coveting that, because it seats 6, and has sliding doors (I'm addicted to those now, but feeling like my minivan is just a smidge too big....)... Three-across can be such a pain, and I'm thinking my 8 yo ds would rather have the third row to sit in alone (I can fold down the other seat so he can get in through the hatchback if I have to...it'd be worth it for driving peace, and cargo space, lol).

Anyway, just something to consider! The CR-V is great, too (and maybe the new Profile seat at www.skjp.com will work in the middle to give heaps of room outboard.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx