PDA

View Full Version : Britax Cover and LATCH question

shesse
10-26-2005, 09:21 AM
I have had the Britax Husky for about 2 months now and LOVE it. I have noticed that the cover is already looking quite worn though. There are little bear spots on the cover where the material has worn away and its all slicked down where my DS sits. These spots are on the sides like where the wings are, so nothing is really touching the cover at those spots. It just seems strange to me that the cover is starting to look so badly so quickly. Is this normal for these seats? I want to ask before I call the company.
PS I havent washed or put water on or sprayed anything on the cover since I didnt want to harm the fire repellant stuff.

Also, for the TECHs out there....... Do all vehicles have to have the LATCH anchors or are they just optional for the manufacturer? What if you buy an older vehicle? Does the company by law have to install LATCH attachments? Just curious.

Joolsplus2
10-26-2005, 09:28 AM
If you've only had your cover 2 months and it's looking bad, I'd definitely call to complain...warrantee usually covers unusual cover wear and they probably will replace it for you.

Nope, LATCH can't be retrofitted, but you CAN (and should)have the top tethes installed in most cars...top tethers were mandatory from 2000 on, lower LATCH was phased in starting in 2001 (though, if you have a 1999 Passat, you CAN add the lower bars,and some Audis, too...but no other cars)...and seatbelts are the only option for kids over 48 pounds, anyway (they are stronger than LATCH bars). Do you have a top tether anchor? Do you want the part numbers so you can call the dealer and tell them you want it installed? (It's mandatory for the Husky over 50 pounds). If you already have one, yay!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx