PDA

View Full Version : Marathon vs. Boulevard

Taniabsn
10-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Ok guys... a little help here. I really like the BV, but it sounds like a lot of people like the Marathon too... Am I wasting my money buy going for the Boulevard for the extra side protection. I drive a 2005 Honda CRV. I think I have side airbags....

OPINIONS PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Joolsplus2
10-28-2005, 09:34 AM
"We" only like the MA better because it has cuter covers and is cheaper. I think a good many of us would prefer the BV, if it were the same price... it's better for napping, easier to adjust, has more padding, and of course the extra head protection. Dig deep in your soul and ask, "Can my child ever be TOO protected against the number one cause of death?" If you get an immediate NO!, then you probably want to splurge on the Boulevard. But, still, statistically, ANY properly installed 5 pt seat installed in the rear, with or without airbags, is VERY safe...the BV may offer a smidgen more protection, statisically, but we may never know, due to data collection and the small number of them on the roads in crashes. So knowing that, I personally kept my Marathon with it's adorable Ashley Floral cover, rather than upgrade to the BV when it came out... you just have to assess your comfort level with either seat.

No easy answers from me! ;)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

swampnurse
10-29-2005, 12:34 PM
In my opinion, the side wings make me feel that Max is safer. I have 3 Wizards. One for each of our cars and one for the in-laws. I love them!! I had the Companion for teh infant seat which also had the winds, so i think i got hooked on them from the start. The next kid will get a Boulevard.

Splash
10-29-2005, 02:44 PM
I love Charlie's BV. I bought it the DAY it came out (yes, I know I was bad... considering he wasn't even BORN yet). He is very comfy in it (much moreso than his basket) and although he is too big for the inserts (with a big baby and cloth diapers, it was impossible to get the crotch strap out from under him... although we did use the insert for a few weeks) if he were small enough for it, it would be nice to have.
I want to buy him another one, but DP is very against it. She thinks one car seat is enough... I don't agree, but...
Although we *do* have another car seat (I gave all but one of them away when we decided we would NOT foster any more kids... so what happens? We got new kids today), I just don't know that I want him in an alpha...
oh well. I'll just buy one behind her back one day and deal with the fall out :)