PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo!! (a bit long but happy!)

catfeet
10-28-2005, 09:35 PM
So I've got this Combi Avatar, and I do really like it, despite all the problems folks have had with it.

Anyway, a few days ago, like Monday, I noticed that this tiny piece of plastic had broken off of the buckle, it's a itty bitty little tab thing on one side of the male part that helps to hold the the male part of the buckle in together while you're inserting it into the female part. In all honesty, it's about half the size of a pencil eraser. An truly miniscule piece of plastic.

On Wednesday, I call Combi and tell them about this problem, and that I'm probably still in warranty. They say, no problem, we'll send you a new buckle, gratis, and I think great, problem solved, we're done. A bit later, they call back and tell my husband that they're out of buckles and that they'll send me a new seat and an RA number.

Woo Hoo, right?

Today, the seat comes and I open it up. Install the seat, on which, btw, they've installed the new latch belts which, while they have a better install, still aren't great, and I still feel better using the seatbelt. Anyway, I take the old seat back into the house to pack it up and look for the RA number, or packing slip, or any paperwork that came with the seat, really. I look and look again, nothing.

Combi has decided to give me a brand new seat, without asking for the old one back, which does still work just fine, all for a piece of plastic that's half the size of a pencil eraser...WOO HOO!!!!

I'm still a bit shocked. Waiting for tomorrow's mail and the RA number to show up. Do companies regularly do this?

Ann
Still pleasantly stunned and bemused, several hours later

boogiemom
10-28-2005, 09:56 PM
I had the same thing happen with a Combi stroller. I had a very minor issue but called about it and they sent me a whole new stroller. I never did have to send anything to them. Yeah! I have had a combi car seat and two strollers (actually 3, I guess ;) ) and I've had only the best of experiences with them. Isn't nice to have a company stand behind it's product for a change?!?

Congrats on your unexpected surprise!

Joolsplus2
10-29-2005, 07:12 AM
Neato :). I think they are really nice folks there, really trying to make a good effort :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx