PDA

View Full Version : Handle up on LL?

Splash
10-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Charlie is in a baby trend LL and we can only use it in one vehicle. The other vehicle we cannot put the handle down, so we don't use it.
However, when I called BT to inquire, they couldn't tell me yes or no. The said no on the flex loc, but they don't say anything for the LL. And since it doesn't have it's own owner's manual (which peeves me... it is nothing like the flex loc non adjustable 20/26) I can't really refer to that.
So I have a question.
There is NO WAY. EVER. That this seat could fly up and hit the back of the car. It's CAN'T happen. It's too tight with the bars... it just cannot happen. I've tried. And yes I know a crash can exert much more force than I can, but trust me, it's not physically possible.
So... do you think if we use it in the other car, it could be used with handle up? Or could we use it with handle up in the other car?
I mean... I *know* there is no way it could ever fly up like that. And BT won't answer me either way.

Joolsplus2
10-30-2005, 12:03 PM
Good question.. I know one or two people I can ask...hang on for an answer!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Joolsplus2
10-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Ok, gotta be down...

"10) Operation of the Carry Handle
a) The Carry Handle has three positions: the
upright carry position, a mid-storage position,
and the non-rocking position.

e) Use the Mid Storage or non-rocking position when
the Safety seat is the vehicle."

Mid storage is directly behind the child's head and non-rocking is all the
way down, behind the seat."

So...can't you put it in the 'non rocking' position before you slip it into the smaller car? A pain, but would more than likely work fine.

Anyway, yeah, I agree... *most likely* the reason they say no to leaving it up is that they were to cheap or lazy to test it, and it's easier to just slap on the regular warnings like any other seat than it is to test it and allow people to do things differently...that's just my theory of the day (my pet peeve is those companies forcing parents to put handles down...can you tell?)

;)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx