PDA

View Full Version : More Britax questions

swarshaw
10-30-2005, 11:54 AM
I thought picking my infant seat was hard! I have been browsing the posts and am sure that I want a Britax. I thought I wanted a RA based on reviews and features but now I am confused and have a couple of questions that I have not been able to find in previous posts.

1. Can't my daughter go straight from the RA to a booster? She is 95% for height and 75% for weight at 3 months, but neither me or DH are particularly tall so I kind of doubt she will continue to be above average for height (though you never know).

2. Also, I am seriously considering the Wizard due to the closeout prices but haven't seen many reviews (good or bad). Does anyone feel strongly either way on this one?

Money is not that big of a factor, especially considering how long we will use it, so I am not opposed to a MA or BV, but I like the weight, size and features of the RA. It sounds like the MA is somewhat bulky and difficult to adjust?

TIA for any advice,

Sarah

erzzie
10-30-2005, 01:00 PM
My son was no where near ready for a booster when he outgrew his Roundabout. I think a lot of kids outgrow it by age 3ish, and I wouldn't want a child to use a booster until I was sure they could sit still, keep the belt on their shoulder, and not slouch. My son is 6 now, we're still struggling with all of those and he's a very laid back, well behaved child. (My daughter has an entirely different personality and we're going to have even more trouble with her!) I'm considering a Husky for my son (harnessed seat for big kids) depending on the car we choose.

I would buy a Marathon/Decathalon/Boulevard since that seat fits most kids to 5-7yrs. By then you can decide if you're up for the challenge of a booster seat!

Momof3Labs
10-30-2005, 05:49 PM
My 100th percentile DS (height only) outgrew the RA by age 3. So, no, there's a good chance that she will not be mature enough to go to a booster when she outgrows the RA. For a few bucks more, go with one of the bigger Britax options. I don't find the MA much bulkier than the RA, and IMO only the early MAs were harder to adjust. We have a newer MA in my car that is as easy to adjust as a RA, IMO.

erzzie
10-30-2005, 07:18 PM
Oooh I want to add that I don't think the MA is hard to adjust at all. We just got one last week and it's different, but easy. If you're worried about the adjuster, then choose the Decathalon. It's got the same button adjuster as the Roundabout.

KrisM
10-30-2005, 09:38 PM
My DS was 90th percentile at that age and we're not tall either. He's down to 70th at 18 months. But, we went with the Wizard and are happy with it. We figure that we'll have another kid and by the time kid #2 is ready for a convertible, DS will be 2.5 and we'll better know how long he would have lasted in a RA. We'll probably be able to get kid #2 a RA and move him to the WZ once DS is out of it.