PDA

View Full Version : Question for Julie

PamMc
11-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Julie, I posted last week asking if you thought a Decathlon would work in a Mazda 3. I thought this would be the best choice since we plan to skip the infant seat. Well, I went to BRU and asked if we could try it out in our car. The clerk carried the seat out to our car and we tried it. Well, the seat did fit, but it was sticking way up between the two front seats so much so that I felt it would obstruct my view. The BRU clerk said that is the way all car seats fit and it wasn't a problem. I asked him if the Roundabout would be a better fit and he said yes, but it's no where near as safe. Is this really true, or is he just trying to scare a clueless first time Mom into buying a more expensive seat?
Thanks for your help.

Joolsplus2
11-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Ah, those BRU guys.. nowhere near as safe???? I wonder what he's...smoking...???? ;) It's *the same seat*, just the DC is taller than the RA, really (well, and no infant padding, but really that's not a huge deal, I don't think).
Ooops, homework time, I'll try to get back, but really, it's not any less safe, I promise!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

californiagirl
11-01-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm not Julie, but the Roundabout is just as safe. It won't last you as long; the weight and height limits are lower (because it's a smaller seat, see?) DD is almost out of hers RF at 20 months, and we are contemplating a Decathlon (she's clearly going to outgrow the Roundabout even forward facing before I'm going to be happy about putting her in a booster.)