PDA

View Full Version : Cosco First Ride DX infant carseat

jkmomof2
11-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Has anyone used this infant carseat? Bought it at Target and I just noticed that it doesn't say anywhere on the box or seat that is is approved by the JPMA. Is it even safe or should I return it? Problem is that it's one of the only seats that goes up to 22lbs AND 29". mY baby is too big for the snugride and evenflo and don't want to spend a lot of $$ on new seat.

bensmom
11-01-2005, 02:55 PM
No experience with the seat, but how old is your baby? It might be worth returning the seat and getting a convertible instead?

Do you have special circumstances (like you live in a city and only need the seat for cabs) that require an infant seat?

Ilana

CPS Tech and mom

kellyotn
11-01-2005, 06:15 PM
I thought the new Snugrides were 22lbs/29". They might be kinda hard to find in the stores as they may still have the smaller ones on the shelves, but they should be out there somewhere.

I don't have any info about that Cosco seat either, sorry. I'm sure they are JPMA though, isn't that a requirement? Can you call Cosco?

broberts20
02-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Did you find out whether the seat is JPMA certified? I saw the seat at Target and called Cosco about it. They told me it is very similiar to the Designer 22 seats they make under the Cosco and Eddie Bauer brands. But I did not ask about JPMA certification.

Do you like the seat? Would you recommend it?

Thanks.

Brian

o_mom
02-01-2006, 05:04 PM
JPMA doesn't do carseats - it is the NHTSA.

http://www.jpma.org/consumer/CertificationProgram/Certification_Program.htm