PDA

View Full Version : How to protect seat with 17 month old still RFing??

searchdog
11-01-2005, 03:14 PM
I have DD in a Britax Wizard and she is still rearfacing and will be for quite some time. Long story short DD just started walking about 4 weeks ago, she now has her shoes on all the time and we have already had a couple of times when there was something on her shoe and it gets on the seat in the car. We have cloth seats by the way.

Should I just buy a regular seat cover for the back of the seat to protect if from her shoes?? We have a mini van and she is in one of the captains seats. I was thinking about putting a trash bag over it so no water or anything else soaks in (she stepped in dog poop the other day and I didn't know it and it got on my seat, that was fun to clean up). I am thinking I could use the bag for a waterproof layer and then put some sort of fabric over the back to absorb liquid and catch dirt.

Basically what do you all suggest and is there any reason not to use one thing or another? I don't plan to put anything under her seat just on the back part of the seat to protect from her shoes, so I am assuming it should affect the install at all.

Thanks

Kidrepair
11-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Hi, a friend of mine uses one of those zippered waterproof pillow cases, a king size fits her captains chair nicely and she can usually just wipe it off with a bacterial wipe or a baby wipe. Way to go on your weight loss goal. It's hard with little ones around to work out and eat healthy, isn't it?

Joolsplus2
11-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Look! A Wallace and Grommit T-shirt! http://home.earthlink.net/~carseatsite/threenoodle.jpg

I love that pillowcase idea, too! (It's ok to take the headrest off if you haven't already, and want to)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

searchdog
11-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the tip I may look into getting the pillow case. On the weight loss yes it is tough. I am doing Weight Watchers, as well as working out with a trainer. The nice thing about my WW meeting is it is a mother and child friendly meeting so DD can just go with me. I have a ways to go but I can honestly say this is the least I have weighed since I had DD. So I am on my way and I am seeing progress which is very motivating for me.

kphil
11-01-2005, 09:52 PM
We're using a t-shirt, too. It is very dirty after 2 months of use, and makes me really glad we put it on there! (New car) I'm liking the idea of something waterproof, too, though...

Kirsten