PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Car seat for 6 month old

mtracchia
11-02-2005, 01:29 PM
I've read many other peoples posts about second car seats but frankly, my head is spinning!

My dd will be 6 months old shortly and coming out of her infant seat. I have a Marathon for our main car but need something for our second car. She won't be using it too much so I'd like something that is a good balance between safe, easy-to-use and inexpensive. She will remain rear-facing until she is 30 and the car is a Toyota Highlander.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Melissa

mtracchia
11-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Anybody? I look to you guys for guidance. You're the experts in my freaky little world.

Thanks,
Melissa and Bailey

Kidrepair
11-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Hi, I'm sure you have seen posts about the cosco scenara. I just bought one as an extra for my daycare. My 2 yr. old DD has a MA. She cries to sit in this seat rather than the MA, I don't get it. I told my DH, I guess we just spent over $200 for a seat for my daycare kids, sometimes it's not worth fighting over and on the weekends she only sits in her MA. We love it, it is easy to install although I have never installed it rf, it does go to 35 pds. rf. It does not have EPS foam, so if that is an issue for you, you might want to look at something else. I got it for less than $40 at Wal-mart. HTH

mtracchia
11-03-2005, 02:05 PM
I appreciate your response.

I think I'm good. After reading some more old posts, I think we'll get either the Scenera or the Triumph.

Thanks so much!
Melissa

silversun
11-03-2005, 03:15 PM
I just wanted to chime in that we got the Scenera based on the recommendations on these boards and it was a great choice for us. Our other seat is a Marathon and while the Scenera is not as easy to adjust, it has two key advantages as a second seat: The price, and it's so lightweight. We took it on a cross-country trip (flying) and it was so easy to carry through the airport and to install in the seat. It's nice to have that convenience when we travel.

Hope that helps!

firstontheway
11-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Where did you get your Scenera? I have been wanting to buy one for our upcoming trip, but couldn't find one available at the closest Walmart. I checked the next Walmart around my place, it is out of stock too. What should I do?

Thanks!