PDA

View Full Version : Good convertible seat for smaller cars

set81616
11-04-2005, 05:54 PM
What's a good seat for a chevy cavalier and mazda protege? I'll probably need to buy 2 so I'd rather they not be to expensive. My husbands legs are long so the snugride we have in there rests against his seat which I know is bad but we have no choice. I'm hoping this won;t happen when we switch seats.
Thanks,
Shannon

Joolsplus2
11-04-2005, 06:52 PM
The Britax Roundabout, Cosco Scenera or Alpha Sport, and Evenflo Triumph are all good "small car, long legged front passenger" seats... www.carseatdata.com might have them listed, but I'm sure they'll fit fine. If your infant seat fits fine, you'll get probably even a little more leg room in front of these than it (the Marathon, while it looks huge, takes up the same room front to back as most infant seats, surprisingly... if you can afford one, you'll probably happy in the long run, since a long legged daddy makes a tall kid, and you'll be asking what seat to buy next when your kiddo is 2 or 3, if you get only those shorter seats, the Marathon will last 5 years or so :) )

Good luck...you can try seats in your car at Babies R Us, and the Evenflo Orion is the same as the Triumph, if you happen to find it cheaper at Walmart than the Triumph (just has a simpler harness mechanism than the Triumph)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

jujucb
11-05-2005, 07:02 AM
I had a 2dr. Cavalier and the RA and MA worked pretty good rf. Dh is 6'2" and always has his seat WAY back. Having a rf restraint in the middle worked out well for us. We could stagger the front seats (back for him and a little foward for me) no matter who was driving without having to move the RA. Having the older rf child sit more upright behind a front seat wasn't an issue either. I'd move the seat back as far as I could go and then reclined the back to brace the restraint. This was fine for me and a little tight (and I mean very little) for dh, but he dealt with it.

The MA was a short test fit basically since we sold the car not long after buying the MA. But I didn't see any glaring problems with it.

set81616
11-05-2005, 08:31 AM
Thanks for all the info. We'll go to BRU and see how they fit.
Shannon