PDA

View Full Version : Are there any potty training/carseat items that are safe/worth using?

erzzie
11-04-2005, 06:13 PM
My daughter is really pretty good about being potty trained. Usually, the biggest accident we have is a little bitty drop in her underwear before she realizes she needs to go. For the last 2 weeks, we have a new Marathon and it's rear facing (the old seat was FF) and she's had 3 accidents in it! I'm getting pretty tired of washing the cover. Anyone seen anything that could catch an accident but not cause compression issues in the seat? I'm really getting frustrated!

I am wondering if turning her RF is the cause--with her feet all scrunched up, I imagine it's a little harder for her to hold it? Anyway, any advice is very welcome!

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
11-04-2005, 06:37 PM
I think that piddle pad, or whatever it's called, is fine, really...or any absorbent/thin burp cloth...it's really no thicker than snow pants or a diaper or anything, and it's not between the harness and the child, which is a bigger issue than being under the child...
Anyway, I'm not saying shove a fat throw pillow under her or anything, but you know what I mean ;).

Hmmm...never heard that theory before, the RF making them more leakprone, so to speak.. I'll have to file that one away in the "I wonder if this happens to other people" part of my brain :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

nisi
11-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Well, officially, I have to say if it didn't come with the seat it hasn't been tested, etc, etc....

But I'll also say that as a mom, I was comfortable taking one of those rubberized flannel crib pads (like this, but I'm sure you can get ti cheaper elsewhere http://store.babycenter.com/product/furniture_bedding/bedding_blankets/basic_crib_bedding/7662?sku=208643&scid=SSE:GOO ) and cutting it to the right shape and size to put under my dd's bum. I liked that better than the piddle pad because I could get it to exactly the right shape and be sure it wasn't in the way of the harness or buckle. It is totally non-compressible and it is certainly thinner than her diaper was!

Nisi
CPS tech and mom to 2