PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for flying w/ Scenero

oneontheway
11-05-2005, 08:23 AM
I am taking 5 mo DS by myself to see my parents. I will have the Scenero carseat plus PP pliko. Any suggestions for getting through the airport? Anyone know if there is a safe way to attach the Scenero to the stroller?
I also have an MA but figured the Scenero would be easier since it is lighter.
Thanks!

Joolsplus2
11-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Try finding a way to use the top tether to tie it around the back of the handles...so it can just hang off the back...if it tips really bad, that won't work, but it's worth a shot. And try putting it in the seat...pretend it's like a non-peg infant seat, who knows, it might fit easily, and wrap that extra bit of harness up around the top of it for stability, and pop the baby in there, if it's stable-feeling enough. It's just a matter of trial and error and pushing your stroller around your living room a bit (might also have a bungee cord on hand, just in case that works best :D)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

pittsburghgirl
11-05-2005, 12:57 PM
I have the Touriva, and it is so light that I just carry it while pushing my Zooper ZStreet. I have on occasion pulled the harness all the way out on one side (from the front) and hooked it over the handle.

We also have a MA and traveled with it only once, it was WAY too heavy for me to carry.

The other thing I do is wear DS in my mei tai when it's time to board. I have found that the flight attendants aren't always helpful for me, so I have needed to be able to get onto the plane by myself, and having DS strapped on (or slung) makes it so much easier.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

tarahsolazy
11-05-2005, 10:07 PM
I haven't tried this with our Scenara, but it works great with the RA. I pull the harness straps out to their largest, and wear it like a backpack on my back. Yes, it looks stupid. But, I traveled by air with my kiddo and no stroller, and it worked really well. I have also just stuck the carseat in the stroller and carried my son in a Mei Tai carrier or a sling.