PDA

View Full Version : FF installation of RA in a Subaru Forester-tether question

tarahsolazy
11-05-2005, 10:11 PM
I just bought a used 2000 Subaru Forester, and am installing a Scenara, FF, in the middle back. The guy who sold me the car said that the tether spots are on the ceiling, just in front of the rear gate. This appears to be true, but its pretty weird to drive around with that strap across the cargo area. I have also not seen anyone else in a Forester with the tether like that. I've looked into cars in my work parking lot, but it seems like none of the seats are tethered at all in the older Foresters!

Subaru is sending me the manual, but if its as clearly written as our VW manual, it may not be of help, LOL!

Joolsplus2
11-06-2005, 08:18 AM
If you keep looking around, you'll see ALL Subaru wagons have the top tether in the ceiling...you'll wonder how you never noticed before ;). I guess no one complains to Subaru about it, or they might change? But yeah, most people don't *get* tethers...manuals kind of say they are Canadian, and who reads the manual, anyway, so mostly people just don't use them at all :(
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

daniele_ut
11-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Actually, I have a 2001 Subaru Outback Sport wagon and the tether anchors are on the rear wall/floor of the cargo area. IMO, this is a far worse spot, since I won't be able to close my cargo cover if I turn Logan FF. This is just one more reason to keep him RF anyway!

Our neighbors have a Forester ('01 I *think*) and they have two Roundabouts FF tethered to the ceiling in theirs.

Joolsplus2
11-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Hmmm....ah yes, it's the Impreza wagon (like it was the Impreza, then they called it the Outback Sport).....sure enough... "below rear hatch opening"...Yah, no kidding it's more of a pain! (my minivan has the anchors at the back of the cargo space... a-nnoy-ING!)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

kayla33
11-06-2005, 05:46 PM
in my impreza wgn, the tether anchors for the outboard positions are on the cargo floor. For the middle seat the tether anchor is on the ceiling directly behind the middle seat

daniele_ut
11-07-2005, 12:40 PM
What year is yours? My middle anchor is on the floor right in front of the hatchback. I'd rather have it on the ceiling. Of course, I can't get a tight RF install in the center of my wagon because of the long buckle stalk and the stupid plastic seatbelt storage tray in the bight of the seat. The stalk always rides up over the edge of the seat and you can't push the carseat into the seat back enough because the plastic tray is in the way. I am hoping that this won't be a problem with a FF install. I just haven't had the energy to check on it, and since Logan won't be FF anytime soon, I haven't worried about it.