PDA

View Full Version : Convertible Carseat for 3 or 4 month old

tweetykl
11-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Car seat help needed! Because my ds is 25" and the SnugRide only goes to 26". My mom said that she would buy the carseat for Christmas but I think the present will be coming early. My mom likes the Britax Marathon because it reclines and my ds will only be 3 or 4 months old. I would love any suggestions.

Joolsplus2
11-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Amazing how SNUG those Snugrides are, isn't it???? You can keep using it, regardless of height, until the head is within one inch of the top of the hard plastic seatback (so maybe your kiddo will sprout some long legs and you'll get an extra bit of time!).

Anyway, yup, you can't go wrong with a Marathon :)... Unless you have a very small 2 door car, it fits fine in 99% of cars, and if you are comfortable in front of the Snugride, even the 'massive' Marathon doesn't take up any more front-to-back space than the Snugride.

The Boulevard and Decathlon are also great choices, if you happen to prefer one of them...they are all terrific (and, fear not, even very tall kids almost always fit to age 5 or 6 in this seat...it's the cheapest piece of baby gear you can get, in the long run, and how wonderful to get it for an Xmas pressie!)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

kimbe
11-06-2005, 07:06 PM
DD grew out of her snug ride at 3.5 months. She was too big and HATED it.

We got her a Boulevard and we love it. The wings support her head really well when she sleeps. She likes the BV much better than the snug ride!

tweetykl
11-07-2005, 08:07 PM
We went to bru and my ds tried out the Decathalon and it just hugged his body so nicely. I just wish that there were better fabric choices.