PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find the best deal on a Britax Marathon?

jerseygirl07067
11-06-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm assuming online, but I thought I heard a while ago Britax was doing away with online discounts.

Time to go car seat shopping for Julia! She has just about outgrown the Snugride, which also feels like a ton with her in it!

TIA!

Marcy

crazydiamond
11-07-2005, 05:04 AM
You probably can't find a "good" deal. Britax now enforces their "suggested" retail price, so the best you can do is get free shipping.

That being said, we actually found that buying from Babies R Us to be cheaper than anywhere on the internet because we were buying two seats. BRU has a "twin discount" that when you buy two of certain large items at the same time, you get a 10% discount off the whole thing. You don't actually need to have twins to take advantage of this, though.

So we bought both a Boulevard and a Decathlon, minus 10%, then plus tax (6.75%), which still made the whole thing $20 or so cheaper than what we could have gotten online. Not much, but hey, every bit counts!

But if you're only planning on getting one seat, just find a place online that will give you free shipping and make sure you won't be paying tax on it!

Unfortuantely, that's about as cheap as it's going to get.

jerseygirl07067
11-07-2005, 10:48 AM
ok, thanks!

Marcy

erzzie
11-07-2005, 11:53 AM
I bought our new Marathon at Target.com. They have online 10% off coupons all the time and their carseats are returnable to the store, so if it doesn't work out, that's a nice safety. You will have to pay shipping, but it was worth it to me. Don't forget the 4.4% off at Fatwallet.com for Target too, or I think Ebates does 3%!