PDA

View Full Version : Britax Marathon, Decathlon and Boulevard

Jodyrondosmith
11-07-2005, 10:30 PM
I have the Marathon for my 26 month old and love it. Now I need a new one for my 6 month old, who I just found out is too long for the infant car seat.

While looking I have now discovered the Decathalon and Boulevard which weren't available when I bought the first.

Any comments on the differences? Preferences?

I have the last two Baby Bargains books, but not the most recent which I assume reviews these seats. I will have to go and check it out.

Thank you for your help.

Joolsplus2
11-08-2005, 08:07 AM
The Boulevard is like the old Wizard, but with MUCH wider apart headwings...still good for sleeping, but not all constricting, and the harness dials up and down. Otherwise, the seat is exactly like the Marathon in all the little details. The Decathlon is like a big Roundabout, so has a few different little details from the Marathon (different LATCH straps, push button adjuster, weird shoulderbelt lockoffs, and heaps more padding)... You can't go wrong with any of them, but if possible, hop down to BRU and see if you like or hate any element of any of them before you choose. The Marathon does have the cutest cover selection, that's the main thing going for it, but I like the Side Impact Protection the Boulevard offers (all harnessed seats are quite safe in Side crashes, but the BV is just a bit safER).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx