PDA

View Full Version : Any luck with Britax Companion in the middle seat of a Lexus 330?

ivfbaby_july2005
11-08-2005, 11:58 AM
My dh said that the seatbelts are just a little too long to put the Britax companion in the middle of the back seat. We know it is safer to be in the middle. Has anyone had any luck putting it in there?
thanks!
deb
Brooklyn's mommy
7-14-05

erzzie
11-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Have you tried twisting the buckle stalk? By that, I mean you can twist the receiving end of the seatbelt up to 3 full rotations before buckling the seatbelt. That will usually get the buckle out of the way so it doesn't get in the way of the seat.

mom2acrew
11-08-2005, 07:35 PM
another thing I have had good luck with is. Put the adjuster foot up all the way (retracted, not out) install the seat, twisting the buckle stalk no more than 3 times, tighten....put it in the lock off, then turn the knob for the adjuster foot to recline and it will take out any extra slack in the seat belt. I hope that makes sense? You may have to place with depending on the incline of your back seat maybe not start w/ the adjuster foot all the way in?

Or find a local tech to help you IRL, good luck! I hope you are able to get it in the middle which is furthest from impact.

Jodi~CPST mom to 4

ivfbaby_july2005
11-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Thank you Jodi and Melinda, I will try that out and see if it works! I am new to this site and love it already!
Deb