PDA

View Full Version : Britax Sales???

fairyfahrenholz
11-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Hi All -

Has anyone found any deals on a Marathon or larger seat? I'm just so bummed, when DH got into the car accident this summer and I had to replace Emma's Marathon, I got a one for $194 before ebates. Now I can't find one for under $250! And Mr. Michael decided to outgrow the infant seat a whole two months before his sister did (dang lanky kids! ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We've put both seats in 1 car, but limits us to ALWAYS using that car and I need to be able to pick them up in a pinch for DH (he takes them and picks them up from daycare).

TIA!

Kristen
Emma 5/10/04
Michael 6/2/05

Splash
11-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Baby Surplus (albee baby) has a few New Blues NIB on ebay right now for I think $219. They also still have Wizards left for $200. I am really REALLY thinking about picking up one of those wizards... but we just don't need the seat this second and money is too tight to justify it months before we need it.

tweetykl
11-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Babies 'R' Us has a new flyer with a 15% coupon. We are going to use it to purchase the Decathlon. When you had the accident, you could have sent the info to Britax because they have a replacement policy, at least that is what my mom found on their website. Hopefully you get the coupon for BRU.

kcgirl
11-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Did you get your new BRU flyer in the mail or at the store? When I was at the store last week, I asked them when their next sale would be, and they told me around Christmas. I said, "Not until then?!" We really need to get a new car seat, so that 15% off would sure come in handy. Thanks for any info you can give me.

melbb
11-10-2005, 05:58 PM
If you aren't averse to buying online, you can go through ebates to get cash back. I bought a Decathlon at babyuniverse and got 6% back. Not as good as the BRU coupon, but an option if you can't get your hands on the coupon.

Mommy to LT
11-13-2005, 01:16 AM
I love shopping on babycenter.com because they have frequent sales, no tax and free shipping over $75. Right now they are having a 10% off sale on everything which could save even more money. I think the sale ends tomorrow, though....

clc053103
11-13-2005, 09:27 AM
I believe the babycenter 10% off sale specifically excludes the Britax seats (I am in the market for one too!)

loewymartin
11-14-2005, 09:19 PM
If you use your Amex at Babyage thru 12/31/05 you can get 15% off with the code AX15. I just ordered my (Alia's) Britax Boulevard. And it was free shipping (as usual).

Michelle
Mom to Alia born 5/16/02 and Kira born 7/30/05

mrsmac
11-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Hi
I just tried to order 2 MAs through baby age with the "ax15" code and it gave me this message: "Coupon conditions required for this coupon code have not been satisfied with your current cart. "
Any idea what conditions I'm not meeting? Is it only on certain items (I was ordering 1 Zebra and 1 Onyx MA.)
Oh and I also went through ebates since they give you 4% back.
Thanks for your help!
~Tanya

saschalicks
11-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Babystyle has a 25% off on all "gear" with ANTHEMGEAR as the code until 11/30/05. With e-bates it's about $180.

Momof3Labs
11-15-2005, 09:11 PM
I don't think that babystyle.com is part of ebates any more. At least I can't find them listed on the ebates website!

tjham
11-16-2005, 01:45 AM
I don't think they have sales anymore on Britax! I guess it's not technically "price-fixing" but everywhere you go RA's are $199, Marathons are $249, etc. The only hope is finding a general discount on a site with free shipping. That's what I did on Target.com. They had a 10% off everything for a week and I got in on that. It's over now though. Sorry...

WitMom
11-17-2005, 05:00 PM
I just tried the Babystyle code, and I got a message that Britax is excluded. Bummer.

clc053103
11-18-2005, 01:33 PM
I had a $10 off coupon for BRU. That was the best I could find for BRU! So I followed MELBB's suggestion- ordered from Babyuniverse.com via ebates - no tax, no shipping, and 5% back = $15 off. with BRU I would have received $10 off, but paid shipping and tax (or in store, just tax).

Delivered via fed ex, recd in 4 days. Box was slightly banged up but the seat was perfect.

Ranista
11-18-2005, 02:57 PM
15% off at www.greatbeginningsonline.com but shipping for boulevard is around 15$. Still end up saving 28$ for boulevard. using promotional code gbbaby

Oh, I forget to mention. For Marathon, it's free shipping!!!

mariza
11-19-2005, 11:43 AM
On the stroller board, Strollerqueen posted a SQ discount on Britax at www.arunningstroller.com, you have to call and find out the price, but there is usually no tax & free shipping at this retailer.

Ranista
11-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Sorry if it is stupid question.
What is SQ stand for?

Splash
11-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Stroller Queen.
A Running Stroller gives a SQ discount if she has a lot of a certain item.
E

kahplayground
11-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Kristen,

The accident that you were in, was your child in the car in the carseat? The reason I am asking you is that I think I remember seeing on the Britax website that if your child is actually in the carseat during an accident, Britax will replace the seat free of charge. Might be something to look into...I am 99.9% positive I read it on their website earlier this month.

Hope this helps!

Karin
~mommy to Reagan 1/18/2005

fairyfahrenholz
11-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Hi All -

Yes, my daughter was in the seat during the accident and I knew Britax would replace it. But when I spoke to the insurance adjuster, she indicated American Family would replace the seat at no cost. Yeah, I know I'll end up paying for it in the end in insurance premiums, but I didn't want to bother with trying to find all my paperwork for Britax (I was about 6 weeks pp at the time).

Going back to my original question, I haven't found much in sales on the Marathon, but got a fantastic deal on the Husky at USA Baby this weekend. $179.99. Because the Regent is being rolled out, they have the Husky clearance until they sell out. I wanted to buy 2 right away, but DH got all funny about it and would only buy 1. He was afraid it would be difficult to install. Once we got it home and installed it, we found it was much easier to to install the Marathon (and the Marathon is pretty stinkin' easy!).

I think it was easier as it uses most of the seat belt because it's so huge. We had very little to tighten down. Actually, DH felt it was tight enough without a seat belt clip and I looked at him and said, "Do you want to take that chance with your daughter's life?" And he knew I was serious, so needless to say, the seat belt locking clip is on. :) That Husky can't move even a quarter inch!

Thanks for all your help everyone. We're going to go back this week and get the 2nd Husky.

Thanks!

Kristen
Emma 5/10/04
Michael 6/2/05

mrsmac
11-21-2005, 06:06 PM
I just tried this to buy a marathon. "gbbaby" code did give a discount but they still charged for shipping.....I cancelled the order. I'm still shopping for a better deal....any ideas? (I'm buying 2 MAs)
Thanks

JuliMom
11-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Hi! After missing out on leftover $200 Wizards at Baby Catalog (meant to order those a lot sooner!!!) I decided to get (2) Boulevards from "A Running Stroller" using the SQ discount (Thanks SQ!) of $25 off each (phone order). One for my almost 4 year old and one for her 11 month old brother. Now we can move my RA into my husband's car for the baby (he finally outgrew the carrier - I have small children!)and install the BVs in my SUV.

Marilyn was so charming to speak with, and I hope to order from her again in the future! After "test driving" them in BRU, I am really looking forward to receiving them!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Linda
Mom of Julianna, 1/2002 and Justin, 12/04

kahplayground
11-22-2005, 11:23 AM
I plan to buy one Marathon the day after Thanksgiving by doing the following: discover card awards 5% off all online purchases 11/25-12/31; go thru fatwallet for another 4.4% cash back and direct to target (enter in coupon TCADVJAB for another 10% off). Now to the hard part, Target was offering free shipping and removed it. I emailed them inquiring why and they gave me a response of "we removed free shipping on this item" I then emailed back and told them I would buy from somewhere else. They emailed me back and told me to email them with my order # and they would credit my shipping.

Another idea is ordering some of the discontinued fabric patterns thru either Little Folks or Al Bee Baby www.specialtybaby.com/britax for $219.99 w/ free shipping and no tax. Unfortunately, you can't go thru fatwallet or ebates and I couldn't find any coupons!

Hope this helps!

Karin
~mommy to Reagan 1/18/2005

mrsmac
11-22-2005, 11:48 AM
Thank you so much for posting! Unfortunately I don't have a Discover card :(. But I went on Albee's site and ended up ordering two RAs instead. (The funky Denim was the one on sale.) These are going to be spare/second seats for DH's car so I wasn't too picky on color.
I hope I don't regret the RA instead of the MA. But we already have 4 MAs (between us, my Mom and MIL) and DD is just 2 and very small and DS is only 7 mos. I figure we'll be able to use them for a while still and right now with DS's seat RF in my car it is so long that the front passenger's knees are in the glove box. So I thought the RA will especially be good for that. Plus if we ever are crazy enough to fly again with both kids :) the RAs will be smaller/easier to manage. (Do I sound like i am trying to convice myself? I AM! lol)
Anyway, thanks for the info. I was so ready just to order something and be done with it :)! I can go in circles researching forever!
~Tanya